There are many ways to create a bootable USB drive for windows 7.
Table of Contents
The Rufus is the most popular and easiest way to make a bootable USB, and after you’ve done that, you may install Windows from the flash drive.
Note: Make sure your USB flash drive has at least 8 GB of free storage and no data before using it.
Windows 7 ISO To USB Bootable
To begin, Download the Rufus utility and use it to create a bootable USB drive. Download it from the link and save it to your desktop.
1. Then open it. Right-click on Rufus.exe and then launch as administrator.
2. That is where you’ll find the Rufus application, which includes a USB device menu. After ensuring sure you haven’t touched anything, connect your USB device.
3. Go to DVD Icon and select the ISO Image from the drop-down box after you notice your device is connected.
4. Once you’ve decided, click the DVD icon to open a new window where you can select an ISO image file.
5. Enter the folder where you saved the Windows 7 ISO file you downloaded from the previous link, select it, and select Open from the drop-down box.
6. If you pick it, the device will have a new name with additional changes. That indicates the successful import of the file into the Rufus program.
7. On the left-hand side of the screen, click the Start button, and a warning notice will display. Ignore the warning and press the yes button. The USB drive will now be formatted, and the ISO image will burn.
8. All you have to do is wait 10–15 minutes for it to burn into your flash drive (depending on your USB speed).
When it’s finished, you’ll notice a Ready indication. If you discover it, you’ve completed the task. After that, you can remove the USB drive. Then, you can get windows seven installed.
How To Make A Windows 7 Bootable USB FAQ
What is a bootable USB?
A bootable USB is a device you can use to start a computer. It is usually a tiny disk you can insert into a computer and start it up.
Can Rufus create a windows 7 Bootable USB?
Yes, Rufus can create bootable USBs for Windows 7 and 8.1. You will need the Rufus software, a USB drive, and the Windows 7 or 8.1 installation media (ISO file).
Which is better, Windows 7 or Windows 10?
Microsoft’s latest operating system is Windows 10. The main features of Windows 10 are its redesigned Start menu and updated user interface (UI).
Released on October 25, 2009, Windows got many updates. It also includes new features such as the Cortana personal assistant and the Edge web browser. However, Windows 7 is still one of the most popular operating systems on the market.
Some of the newer features in Windows 7 include virtual reality (VR) support, allowing users to experience 3D.
Why DVD/USB must boot?
One of the most common questions is how to create a bootable USB drive or DVD for Windows 7. There are a few reasons why you might want to do this. Maybe you want to reinstall Windows on your computer and need a way to carry your essential files. Perhaps, you have a new computer and need to reinstall Windows but don’t have access to an optical disc. Alternatively, your computer may have crashed, and you will need to restore it from a backup.
Maybe you have a new computer and need to install Windows from scratch but don’t have an optical drive. Or maybe your computer has crashed, and you need to restore it from a backup.