Windows 98 ISO is an incredible ISO file of the Microsoft Windows 98 operating system. It was released in the year1998. The OS comes with a graphical user interface (GUI). The software relies upon disk operating systems, also known as DOS. Just like any other versions, this OS is made available for both 32-bit and 16-bit versions of windows. Indeed, it was the first OS people loved the most. This was the first Window to contain GUI. Likewise, you can call it the first OS to have support for internet explorer. People use this OS even today as it is the most popular one. On top of all, it gives the best support and experience for gaming.
This OS was found very lightweight and customizable. it included a new user interface that made it easy for the users to navigate. Besides, it allowed the users to customize their windows as they want them to look and feel. Most importantly, it contains features that the previous versions lacked. For example, Windows 98 could play music files that were stored on removable media such as CDs or DVDs.
Built for desktop, this OS contains all the friendly features. Indeed, it is the most user-friendly operating system that came with all the features that users needed. The windows 98 was perfect for anyone who had ever used it, as they would know how perfect it was.
You May Also Like:
Download Windows 98 SE Edition / Second Edition
Windows 98 Fe Edition
Windows 98 For Virtual Box / Windows 98 For VMware
Click Here For Windows 98 Products Keys
Features of Windows 98 ISO Free Download
1. It gives the users the web-view customization feature. Using this, users can view web pages in their default browser. Moreover, this is the easy and fastest way to browse the web. People who use a lot of web pages at a time find this feature the most useful one.
2. Moreover, this OS allows you to customize your web view. It gives the liberty to change the background color, the font size, and the font style. You can also add your web pages to Web View by copying them into the Windows 98 folder on your hard drive.
3. It provides a taskbar that is a clever innovation to allow users to access their applications and files more quickly. The users can organize all their open applications in a single toolbar. That is how; they can perform the tasks more efficiently. Plus, it helps in keeping the most recently used applications accessible. As a result, you don’t have to search through a lengthy list every time you want to use them.
4. This OS features the Disk Defragmenter Optimization Wizard tool. It is a tool to help improve computer performance by defragmenting your hard disks. Defragmenting your disks will help to organize the data on your hard disks and make them faster and more efficient.
4. A new, more efficient FAT32 file system was introduced by Microsoft this year. This can free up space on a hard drive by allocating space more efficiently than the previous version, and can also help programs launch faster when combined with Win98’s Disk Defragmenter. With this users can work with a large disk space which is over two terabytes. It is easier to work with this because they can represent the disk with a single drive letter.
5. This version of the windows OS introduced multimedia extensions MMX. The features allowed more efficient execution of multimedia tasks such as audio and video encoding, decoding, and presentation. MMX technology improves performance for many common applications, including video editing, playing games, and encoding/decoding videos.
Windows 98 ISO Installation Process
To install Windows 98 on a USB flash drive, you must first create an ultimate Windows 98 bootable USB using the Rufus utility mentioned above. More, you will need a USB installation disc. Plug the flash drive containing the disc into your computer’s USB port and start (or restart) the computer.
Follow these steps to complete the installation:
1. The first step includes pressing the boot menu key (usually F9) and selecting the USB drive from the list.
2. Secondly, press any key on your keyboard, and the computer will start to boot up.
3. Windows installation files can take a while to load and the Windows 98 installer will start automatically.
4. To continue and finish the entire installation process, follow all the on-screen instructions.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Processor type: 486DX/66 MHz or higher.
- Memory: 16 megabytes (MB) of memory can handle more tasks than a computer with less memory.
- Hard Disk Space: 195 MB of free hard-disk space is required. The software may range in size from 120 MB to 295 MB.
- A monitor with a VGA or higher resolution is required to play the game optimally.
Hence, this is the best operating system since it comes with more reliable and user-friendly features. So this OS makes it easy to find what you’re looking for. Moreover, you will find this stable and efficient. It performs well and the improved performance is what people like the most about this OS. It also has a lot of features that other operating systems don’t have.